среда, 28 сентября 2011 г.

Cycling

On my third week I decided to try cycling in London.
One of the world's biggest bank Barclays launched Barclays Cycle Hire (BCH), a public bicycle sharing scheme, on 30 July 2010 in London. Initially, BCH required initial payment of registration and membership fees to be paid in exchange for an electronic access key, but on 3 December 2010 this was changed to allow casual cycle hires by non-members who have a valid credit or debit card. Interesting thing here, that it is still impossible to hire bike by cash. Luckily, I had a Payoneer card with some money at the moment. After 30 minutes trying to hire a cycle I lastly succeed. I need to say, that the terminal is extremely uncomfortable in using.
Finally, I got such check with code which I needed to input to get the cycle. Price is only 1 pound per day, but, you are required to print this check every time getting the bicycle. But it worth so, because, I enjoy cycling a lot. Cycling with cars on the road is not the best place in fact, while Hyde Park is the perfect one.

My favorite route was Hyde Park->Apsley House-> Constitution Hill-> Buckingham Palace-> The Mall -> Trafalgar Square-> White Hall->Cavalry Museum-> The Mall->Constitution Hill-> Apsley House->Hyde Park
Despite the fact that Barclays dock stations are often not working, terminals may crash
unexpectedly or bicycles may stuck in the dock, I love cycling a lot and will never forget those great moments.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий