вторник, 27 сентября 2011 г.

Phantom of the opera

Embassy CES provides discount to some tickets to London theaters. One of them is His Majesty Theater in the West End near the Trafalgar Square. One day we were decided to visit one of the world's most famous musical "Phantom of the opera".
To be honest, I am not a big fan of theaters, so, it was kind of experiment.
I made a decision, that if I will not enjoy this great play in one of the greatest theaters in London, then, theaters were designed not for me and trying to find something interesting in this kind of art will be wasting time in the future.

The play was 2 hours 40 minutes long with intermission, that lasts 30 minutes. .

It is hard to describe my feelings when the play was finished. To say, that it was good is to say nothing. It was amazing, incredible, outstanding, awe, perfect, breathtaking and unbelievable. Decorations were like a magic, cause it was feeling like you are watching the movie. Smoke was creating the illusion of the infinite stage, lanterns were raising from the floor, stairs and bridges were falling from the sealing, piano was playing by it's own etc.
Overall performance level was much, much, much more then I could even expect.
Concluding all this, I would say, that I like London theater a lot Obviouslly, theaters in Dnepropetrowsk are not as good as here.
Certainly, when I will be in London next time, I will go the theater.
P.S. Music from this play was in my head for 2 days after the performance.
Floating, falling, sweet intoxication!
Touch me, trust me, savour each sensation!
Let the dream begin,
let your darker side give in to the power of
the music that I write - the power of the music of the night ...

You alone can make my song take flight -
help me make the music of the night ...

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий