воскресенье, 11 сентября 2011 г.

Meeting Canary Wharf

When it seems like you saw all the London and nothing could surprise you, you are much mistaken. I thought so. Walking in Greenwech park, suddenly, I saw a business center on the horizon. Someone told me, that was a well-known region called Canary Wharf.
So, the next day after classes, I took my camera and went to the Deptford Bridge DLR station.
As far as Canary Wharf has a DLR station, the fastest way to get there from Greenwech is DLR.



6 stations later I went out the tube and got outside, right in the heart of Canary Wharf.









This place is the major financial center of the UK. It is one of London's two main financial centres, alongside the traditional City of London, where Gherkin is situated. This place was always playing an essential role for UK's economics. From 1802, the area was one of the busiest docks in the world. By the 1950s, however, the port industry began to decline, leading to the docks closing by 1980. In 8 years, it was decided that the Canary Wharf will be financial center of London.So, the first sky scraper was built in 1991. The construction is still in process especially in the nearby regions.
Of course, Canary Wharf has it's own AwesomePoints...


Ok, now I can say, that I saw all the London and it is nothing new to explore left.
Or I'm wrong...

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий